Sunday, January 6, 2013

Swinging Door

Lately I feel like my life is a series of opening and closing chapters. Do you ever feel that way? Maybe it relates to 2013; this is the year I graduate college!

 welcoming 2013 on my way home to Cincinnati

Closing: This is my last semester in the Navigators. I feel a strange mixture of nostalgia for the past years and excitement for how my own ministry will look in the upcoming years. You could argue that Navs has been the most influential part of my college career. I wouldn't have such an awesome bunch of friends or been able to plan large-scale events without being involved with this ministry. My relationship with the Lord has also grown and changed so much in the past five years. I've been trying to prepare myself for this change, but I think the transition will be rough. Navs has such a special place in my heart.

Openings: I've been thinking a lot about how I want to invest myself in ministry when I do graduate. After exploring a few other church options in Cincinnati, I've realized how much I love Crossroads and desire to make it my long-term church. I hope to get involved in the Middle School program, and possibly Crux or the design team. One thing I know for sure; I don't want to live my life without pouring out the blessings and love that the Lord has placed in my life. In my eyes, a life without ministry is a life without purpose.

I start my last semester of classes on Tuesday. I have two studios that relate to my capstone and a photo journalism elective. Although I despise homework I'm excited to see my studiomates and settle on a final project topic. It will also be nice to be on campus (even if it's only two days a week) to get lunch with friends and spend time with freshman in Navs. I plan on savoring my last moments as a college students through all the stress.

Since Carri is moving out in May (She's getting married! It's like I'm an engagement lucky charm.) I've been thinking about where I want to live next year. I made the official decision not to live in my apartment for a fourth year so I've been talking to a few graduated friends and looking around the area. My goal is to stay near to friends that live around campus but move far enough away that I can have an adult apartment. I'm looking forward to painting rooms, off-street parking, and having enough room to host parties. So far I like some places in Over-the-Rhine and Covington because I could walk downtown in the summer. The timing of when I would move is awkward because it depends on going back to Michigan and finding a sublet.

Swinging Door: Christie and I have been keeping in touch really well since she graduated last year. She visits Cincinnati as often as she can and we have sleepovers like in high school when I'm home. I'm so thankful for a friend who understands my place in life right now as well as she does. I would love for her to move down here so we can live together at the end of the school year. I plan to do whatever it takes to make this a reality, so if you know of any writing positions in Cincinnati, let me know!

I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing how much I love working at Landor, but it's true. I will be working there part-time for my FIFTH term this spring. Only having class two days a week really opened up my schedule to stay on as an intern-transitioning-to-freelancer. Michelle, my original co-op mate from the first time I worked there will also be back in the office from Landor Hamburg. I'm pretty sure she understands how easy it is to fall in love with this company too :) I hope to talk to Jeff about my future employment...but I really can't say more than that at this point.

Michigan! How I miss last summer. I see most of my Maranatha co-workers every week but I long for the beach and my smiling teens. I am praying that my future job and housing situation line up with me going back to Maranatha this summer.

If you would like to pray for me, please ask that the Lord's plans for me become a lot clearer at the end of the month. I really need to make a few decisions so that everything can begin falling into place.

I appreciate your thoughts and prayers!
Kendrapolis

No comments:

Post a Comment