Sunday, September 23, 2012

Work Play Life

So what have I been up to in the past month, you ask? So much!

Navs: We've been trying to mix things up with different openers for Large Group. MCing with Ryan on the first night and acting in a skit with Shawn on the second night were definitely highlights. It's probably not a secret that I love to be in front of people and make them laugh. Freshman small group has also begun—it's been crazy trying to get to know thirty new faces, but I love spending time with them every week at the study or various activities. A week ago we went to a UC football game and then took everybody out for iHop pancakes and a few rounds of sardines in Meijer.

 Andrew has team spirit / my co-leaders Amanda and Kaitlin

Work: I have my own cubicle! I keep feeling like an actual employee instead of an intern because I have my own workspace. Jeff is the greatest boss ever. The first few weeks consisted of me organizing our hurricane of a magazine library and prepping for the new window display. Some co-workers and I took a segway tour of Eden park for a research project one day. It was pretty nerdy and great! Now I'm drowning in brand work but if you get a moment you should stop by Landor (110 Shillito Place, Cincinnati) and check out our new windows.

 my very own space / a fraction of the chaos I organized /
sneak peek into our new windows / nerdy chic

My previous post probably tipped you off to the fact that I am babysitting my little boys again. They drive me crazy and say the funniest things. It's good preparation for all those boys I want to have a really, really, really long time from now ;)

sometimes we play dress up

Friends: I love living with Carri. Even when she's extremely busy she takes the time to check in on and encourage me. Emily Farison, Sarah, and Fay are my musketeers—I drag them on all sorts of adventures with me. One night Shawn's roommates let Emily and me in so we could wait for him to get home and surprise him. His reaction to the two of us sitting on his couch when he walked in was hilarious. Another time, Sarah and I made Irish Car Bomb cupcakes for Ryan's 22nd birthday. They were a hit will all six of his roommates. Emily and Aaron took me to a Hillsong Live concert last week. Now we all really miss New York and are seriously considering going to a Hillsong conference next year.

eagerly awaiting Shawn's return home /
Ryan's special wrapping paper / concert!

Savoring every busy moment of life right now,
Kendrasity

No comments:

Post a Comment