Thursday, June 13, 2013

And They Just Keep Coming

I just asked myself when my last post was and nearly had a heart attack when I realized it was in February. Yikes! So many things to catch you up on.

After telling people for months that Christie was going to move to Cincinnati, BAM! She got a job interview and offer in a three day time span. She packed up her bags and moved in with me and Carri...who moved out a month later when she & Reggie got married. (It's like I'm the engagement lucky charm: live with me and there's definitely a proposal in your near future.) Congratulations Carri & Reggie, I know you are going reach many people by being life partners. I'm also beyond thrilled to live with my high school best friend. We have lots of cocanolas and 4am conversations on my bed.

sketching Carri's wedding day makeup look

Christie and I decided to stay in our apartment for another year after Aaron & Ben graciously agreed to move into the lower one. We've been talking about all the changes we want to make (breakfast bar, IKEA couch, flatscreen, etc.) so I'm pretty excited to be close to my community and job for another year.

typical bonding moments

I survived my capstone! Somehow I coordinated our senior showcase, completed my project on synesthesia, and passed all of my classes. I've been avoiding my using laptop for a month because I got pretty close to violently introducing it to the wall on several occasions. Fun fact: the closest I ever got to pulling my only college all-nighter was the night before my project was due. I stayed up til 4am saving out my Flash file and then got up at 6 to install everything at DAAP. The rest of the day was packed with my final critique, family visits, and the opening night of our show. I don't feel bad for saying I'm really happy to be done with school forever.

Suzy setting up our studio for DAAPworks

After finding out we passed our capstones with flying colors, Emily and sat next to each other during our college graduation ceremony—just like we always dreamed. What a blessing! Our families got to hangout for a bit as well.

bearcat swag

After graduation, Landor promoted me from an intern to a freelancer with more responsibilities and everything. I love the work I've been getting and the people I've been working with. I'm amazed every time I remember that I've already worked there for over two years. Hopefully there's more to come.

working on spring windows for Red's Opening Day

Since work has been going so well, I'm little sad that I'll be gone for 10 weeks starting Sunday. But mostly I'm psyched to counsel another year at Maranatha! With all the life changes that have been thrown my way lately, this seems like a good time to take a hiatus from work and Cincinnati. I plan on spending lots of time with the Lord in the woods overlooking the beach, as well as reading, tanning, eating way too much ice cream, and loving on some wonderful kids. I also can't wait to meet the rest of the counselors and form some more great friends.

no explanation needed

Another reason I'm looking forward to resetting my life at camp because my brother is in the hospital again. Visiting him and my family this weekend was very hard and draining. However, my dad and Carolyn are pillars of strength and encouragement for Logan and me. My friends have also been intentional about their questions and prayers for my family. Where would I be without this community that rescues me when I'm falling apart?

when Ryan & Nate kidnapped me for some much-needed lemonade and bagles

In some ways, things are beginning to feel eerily like the tumultuous changes I went through last summer. In other ways, I feel so blessed and joyful to be where I am right now. Unfortunately  even when life is at it's most chaotic things still get busier. Work has been hectic (definitely clocking some overtime this week), housing has been complicated (I have a sublet for only half the time I'm gone), and there's never enough time in the evening (bills & loans, ick!). There's also so many things to prepare for camp—choreography, tee designs, and talk ideas. Life isn't slowing down and I'm feeling my capacity for all of this change ebb. This break feels like an escape, and I'm not ashamed of needing one desperately. I just want to hit the reset button on my emotional, relational, mental, and physical well being so I can function like a normal person and not a robot.


Would you pray that I find life on the shores of Lake Michigan?
xoxo
Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment