It's a bittersweet feeling. I learned a lot about New York so I updated my NYTD list here and here just for you! If you visit the city in the next year you should try some of the things I checked off my list, they're really worth it.
I'm sad about leaving New York because I had such a blast exploring the city with my roommates. We bonded over The Bachelor, at too many ice cream cones, and braved Brooklyn together. I never thought I would enjoy sharing a tiny apartment with three other girls so much. My three months in the city also gave me lots of time to think and explore who I am as an adult. It was a wonderful and scary feeling to be in a huge place figuring out my life. I realized more than ever that God has some exciting things around the corner for me, even if I have no idea what they are! New York will always hold a special place in my heart because I discovered so much of myself here.
On the flip side, I'm so excited for next quarter because I miss Cincinnati. I miss my small group, friends, and everything about my social life back home. Spring quarter means I get to play soccer as well as see all my studiomates! I also miss Emily's and my apartment with all its space and furniture that we actually own. I miss real grocery shopping and cooking. Most of all, I miss Adam and that's why I'm excited about this next week! We're going on a spring break trip with a purpose because Adam is moving to San Diego for co-op for the next five months.
- Cincinnati–Granville: Adam drives his car packed with everything he'll need for the next two months
- Granville–Cleveland–Manhattan: Adam switches cars at my dad's house and brings my car to NYC
- Manhattan–Cleveland: We move me out and drive back to spend an evening with my family
- Cleveland–Des Moines: Using Adam's car, we set out on our actual trip! (I know, so much driving before we even get to the good part)
- Des Moines–Denver: More driving
- Denver–Moab, UT: A little driving and then some good old fashioned hiking!
- Moab–San Diego: We moved Adam into his new apartment just in time for his birthday and I visit for a few days.
- San Diego–Cleveland: Just me, flying back all by myself
- Cleveland–Cincinnati: I drive home just in time for classes the next day. Whew! I'm sure I will be exhausted and jet lagged.
goodbye NYC / hello SD
photos from Pinterest
photos from Pinterest
I don't think I will have much time to post while we're on our trip but I will tell you all about it afterwards. That reminds me; I have decided to continue blogging beyond my life in NYC because I feel like my life is at a turning point. Who knows where I'll get a job this summer? So if you're interested, I invite you to be a part of my indefinite experiment as a blogger. Buckle up, folks.
Talk to you soon!