Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Not to Be Forgotten

Hello! I'm finally back in Cincinnati from NYC and San Diego. School is up and running and I feel like I've barely had time to catch my breath. While I was on vacation I realized that I forgot to tell you about some fun things that happened in my last week in NYC!

March 14th: Emily wanted to have a "pre-bachelorette bachelorette party" (we probably had the first one ever in history) so Amy and Allie planned it. After work, we met a few friends in Bryant Park for a picnic. The weather was glorious and perfect for some bread & tomato sandwiches as well as treats from Georgetown Cupcakes. If you've ever seen the show DC Cupcakes, the lovely owners recently opened a new location of their bakery in SoHo. Emily had been wanting to try them forever so I picked some up for the party. The pink vanilla were really delicious, although the frosting was really different—almost marshmallow consistency. The night ended with a dance party and Two Boots of course!

 Georgetown Cupcake SoHo / kitchen bling /
pink boxes like Babes in Toyland / cupcake art

March 16th: Adam was back in town to pick me up from New York. He took me to breakfast at Max Brenner's before my last day of work because I wanted to go there all quarter. I got sugar waffles with bananas and caramel and now I dream about them every night. Adam also showed up at work to bring my coworkers cookies from The City Bakery as a thank you gift. Cookies must have won them over because he got to stay for lunch. After work, we met my roommates for our last dinner together at Momofuku's Ssam Bar. We got fancy drinks at Booker & Dax and then got seated next door for a decadent Japanese feast. My favorite dish was the spicy grilled rice balls. I could eat them for a whole meal. The rest of the night felt a little serious because we dropped Allie off at her bus back to Cincinnati and Adam helped me pack all night.

my breakfast / Adam's huevos rancheros burrito

I promise to post about my roadtrip very soon. I just need to accomplish some things on my three-page list before I do more blogging.

I can't wait to see all of my Cincinnati friends this week!
Kendralala

No comments:

Post a Comment